Trainings We Offer
- Employee and Student “Quaker Orientation”
- Asking Open-Ended Questions and Using Clearness Committees
- Contemplative Pedagogies at Guilford College
- Understanding Quaker Group Decision-Making
- The Quaker Tradition for Everyone (at Guilford)
Conscientious Objection to Military Service
- Quakers have a long-standing history of participating in conscientious objection to military service. In the honor of the Quaker Peace Testimony, below are resources on conscientious objection, both past and present.
- G.I. Hotline Factsheet – provides information and support regarding military discharges & counseling
- Quaker House – North Carolina based organization providing resources, support, and training for concientious objectors
Glossary and Reference
- A Quaker Glossary written by Kate Hood and Gertrude Beals
- Quaker Archives at Guilford
Friends Center is located in the Eva Campbell House on the South Side of Campus (along Friendly Ave).The views and opinions expressed within this site are strictly those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Guilford College or any recognized Guilford College organization. Comments on the contents of this site should be directed to the author(s).